When I was a kid, one of my favorite food is Chicken Sopas. It is a staple dish for homes with little children in the Philippines. My mother cooks it on rainy days usually when there’s a typhoon and classes are suspended. (Fact: The Philippines is exposed to tropical storms and is hit by up 20 typhoons per year)
Chicken sopas comes with milk and kids love it. It usually has chopped hotdogs in it and some also add veggies. But I made my own simple version of the dish for my daughter and this has become one of her favorite Filipino food.
- Evaporated Milk
- Chicken Breast
- White Onion
- Maggi Chicken Cubes
- Salt & Pepper
- Cooking Oil
- Macaroni Pasta
- Melt a knob of butter and add some oil.
- Saute onions until soft and translucent.
- Add garlic and 2 Maggi chicken stock cube
- Add chicken breast. Saute until browned
- Add Macaroni Pasta. (I used 200g)
- Pour water and add Maggi Chicken Cubes (Note: Use 2 cubes for every 1 liter of water. For this portion, I used total 4 cubes and 2 liters of water)
- Add diced carrots.
- Bring to a boil. Constantly stirring to avoid the pasta from sticking at the bottom of the pot.
- Once pasta and carrots are cooked, Add evaporated milk.
- Simmer for a few minutes
- Serve with hardboiled egg (optional)